This two-storey building is thought to have been constructed in 1340 as the service range to the open hall (No. 33), so its first (and later) owners would have been people of high status. It is likely that it was part of a complex with the two properties to the west - the timber-frame hall open to the roof (No. 33), and the postulated original solar range which may have been replaced around 1400 (No. 31). Documentary evidence suggests that in the 1680s the complex was sub-divided into two properties (potentially what is now No. 31, and Nos. 33-35).
While originally this building would also have been timber frame, it is now apparently almost entirely brick, but with a few timbers visible. It would have incorporated food-related storage at ground floor level with rooms of variable use above, so probably two rooms on the ground floor and one or two chambers above.
It seems likely that this part of the complex was the most altered through time, with a major rebuilding in the 18th century using brick. This may have been due to changing fashions in buildings, or the result of neglect to the structure necessitating replacement; although given the structural strength of the surviving timbers in the open hall (No. 33), the latter seems less likely.
Like No 33, it's likely that the roof of No 35 was raised in the 18th century to increase the height of the first floor and create an attic floor; the hipped roof now visible on the east side probably dates to that time.
At some late stage, a door opening was made in the east wall (onto what is now Gurneys Lane).
As so far it has not been possible to gain access to the first floor or roof of the building, only initial observations can be made. It is hoped that, in time, fuller access may be possible so that a better understanding of this building's architectural history can be gained.